Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Climbing

Climbing
and climbing
and climbing to the top
of the mountain
of clothes on the bed
is less tiring than
climbing the mountain over there
yes, that one
it's so tall
and rocky
"quit showing off up there"
I yell
until someone or something goes
"okay"
it's time to sleep.
Climbing 
and climbing
and climbing the big hill
like ants and aunts
and uncles 
after a large picnic
once on top I
admire the view
and you
and
will either hurt myself 
or slide down
if there is snow
when asked "why climb?"
I grow quiet
and long for
some wit.
Climbing
and climbing
and climbing the ladder
to your window
is poetic
romantic
and dangerous in that order
I hope
once there the wind
rustles my hair
gives me shivers
while you can be seen
down below
shaking the ladder
laughing
so I do too
to fit in.
Climbing
and climbing
and climbing like a vine
going 'round a tree
except you're not a tree
at all
I want to hug you like a vine
hugs a tree
a little less tight
and
suffocating
but
heads up
I have no leaves
am not green
and often smell of 
pizza.

Climbing 
and climbing
and climbing the stairs of the tower
of the castle 
with the dragon
and his mom
so cliched
yet I will always
be 
your shining-armoured knight 
at night
I will always rescue you
on cue
only asking for 
chocolate cake
on a plate with a fork
in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment