Friday, March 6, 2015

Sometimes

Sometimes I am so happy that I could cry.

And other times I am so sad that making even the smallest of smiles feels impossible.

Sometimes I ache with a hunger that leaves me weak and debilitated.

And other times I am strong and impervious to all forces that aim to knock me down.

Sometimes I swim in the waters loving the cool, soothing wetness on my skin.

And other times the rain angrily pelts down on me almost as if to say "go away".

Sometimes I feel the need to hide from the prying eyes and loose lips that are seemingly around every corner.

And other times I boldly and bravely announce my presence to the world.

Sometimes I just want to tickle someone.

And other times the idea of any contact with another human being feels so awkward.

Sometimes I am battered and bruised by the harsh realities of the cold world around me.

And other times I sink into my bed at night; comfortable and secure without a care to speak of.

Sometimes I close my eyes and enjoy every last morsel of an incredibly rich and dense chocolate cake that leaves me in a state of pleasure that only it can.

And other times I need something and have no idea what.

Sometimes I try so hard to fit in, to feel a part of the group, and to not stand out.

And other times, I purposely wear crazy, clashing outfits and walk proudly down the busiest street in the middle of the day.

Sometimes I receive the appreciation I feel that I have earned.

And other times I feel used by the system. 

Sometimes I am so angry that I want to scream at the top of my lungs.

And other times I sit cross-legged with my eyes closed on a picnic blanket and am so at peace.

Sometimes I look around in awe at my surroundings and am so grateful for all that I am blessed to have.

And other times I give in to feelings of jealousy and envy that never get me anywhere.

Sometimes I feel so alone.

And other times I remember that I need to show all the people I love how much they mean to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment